There are many ways to volunteer to help the Legion and you don’t need to be a Legion member or have links to the Armed Forces to volunteer with us.
However you decide to get involved, you will be making a huge difference to the lives of the Armed Forces community. There are an estimated 6.5 to 6.7 million members of this community living in the UK. Those of working age are more likely than the general population to be out of work, have money problems, have unpaid caring responsibilities or have health conditions that limit their activity. We’re working hard to meet the needs of veterans, Service people and their dependents but we need you to help us!
In return for your valuable time, you can:
- Learn new or improve existing skills
- Gain experience of volunteering for a successful, national charity for your CV
- Meet new people and make friends
- Get involved in your local community
- Increase confidence and self-esteem
Take a look at The Royal British Legion volunteers induction training for a comprehensive overview of all the key services provided by The Royal British Legion.