Would you be able to volunteer for Calderdale Council’s Independent Visitor service? We are looking for adult volunteers who can offer a regular commitment of 4-6 hours per month for 12 months or longer to support a young person who is in the care of Calderdale Council.
As an Independent Visitor you will support, advise and befriend a young person in local authority care. You can make a real difference by sharing a hobby, sport or interest, helping with school or college work and going on outings.
For more information see, Information for Independent Visitors [PDF file 227KB]
- Do you get on well with children and young people?
- Do you have ability to offer a befriending and supportive role to the children and young people that are looked after by Calderdale Council?
- Can you show commitment to a child or young person?
- Have you got a lot of patience?
- Could you support a young person with challenging behaviour?
- Can you travel across Yorkshire and adjoining counties?
- A good communicator with children, young people and adults.
- Able to empathise with a child or young persons view, wishes and feelings.
- Able to actively listen to a child/ young person without imposing their own views of opinions.
- Willing to undergo a rigorous recruitment and training programme.
- Aged 21 years or older.
Please note:If you, your spouse or partner is an employee of Calderdale Council you will be unable to apply to become an Independent Visitor.
For an information pack please contact: Sarah Maligranda on email@example.com, 01422 288253 or 077123 05058